Career Selection & Planning
Discover your perfect career based on your unique strengths & abilities, and get expert career counselling on your targeted career options to plan your course and college. Benefit from the exceptional support of our career counsellors and create a step-by-step plan for your career progression.
Career counselling offers a way to change this. Career Counseling is a process in which a counselor or a qualified personal assess people’s interests, personality, values and skills, and also help them explore career options. Career counselling focuses on helping young people take a decision on selecting the best fit programme in regard to their career. Career counselling assists individuals in looking at factors that may be influencing their career development including: lifestyle, personality, interests, values, aptitudes, work experience and education. To do so in a systematic and scientific manner, psychometric assessments are used in career counselling.
The customized career planning provides a direction and meaning to career related decisions of the student. It helps to achieve all future endeavors through scientifically proven approach and planning of resources. The test gathers all relevant information such as career goals, interest level, feasibility, examines the student’s current status and identifies a strategy that shows how the student can meet their respective goals.
The assessment has different segments:
- Personal Profiling: The purpose of profiling is to understand the current career stage of the student. It will help the assessor to decide the objective and roadmap for the student’s career. The ultimate objective of the planning is to take the student from current stage of career planning to optimized stage of career planning.
- Personality Assessment: will help the student understand as a person. It will help the student to expand the career options in alignment with the student’s personality.
- Career Values Types: Values are the things that are most important to us in our lives and careers. In the context of career planning, values generally refer to the things we value in a career. Being aware of what we value in our lives is important because a career choice that is in-line with our core beliefs and values is more likely to be a lasting and positive choice
- Career Interest Assessment: will help you to understand which careers might be the best fit for the student. Understanding the top career interests will help the student identify a career focus and begin your career planning and career exploration process.
- Skills and Abilities: Skills &Abilities scorings will help to explore and identify ways to modify one’s career direction. It provides different scenarios like Top Choice, Good Choice, Optional, Explore, Develop, Avoid, depending upon the student’s skill set and abilities. A contingency plan is also provided based on the above evaluation
It is important to keep in mind that the career planning assessment which is based on psychometric assessments provides a comprehensive road map for the students. This plan will enable students to make informed choices and decide on a career path that they think is best fit for them.