Occupational Therapy: When Self Needs Care
What is occupational therapy ?
A branch of health care that aids people of all ages who have physical, emotional, sensory problems eradicating emotional, social and physical barriers so as to help them attain independence in every sector of their lives.
WHO REQUIRES Occupational THERAPY ?
Occupational therapy is a need for kids and teens who suffer generally from
- Birth injuries or defects,
- Sensory processing disorders,
- Traumatic injuries,
- Developmental delays
Who performs occupational therapy?
Occupational therapist and occupational therapist assistant who have performed supervised fieldwork and acquired a national certification along with a license to practice, performs occupational therapy.
What are the areas of focus for OT ?
- Self Care: Time to eat, groom, dress and toilet.
- Free Time: Time to do something when one does what they enjoy.
- Work Time: Time to do activity that involves physical and mental effort.